Monday, August 24, 2009

Watch out PETA!

Yesterday at lunch if became official - my children are definitely adjusting to farm life. Lee grilled steaks from a yearling that we recently slaughtered. As we sat down to eat, he proudly announced to the children that they were going to eat one of daddy's cows for lunch. I, being the all-knowing mom, figured he had made a big mistake. I knew that neither one of them would touch the steak after he shared the news that they were eating one of the beloved cows to whom they had helped feed corn and such.

Tara Beth was the first to surprise me when she proudly asked "Daddy, is this the black cow that I named Tinkerbell or the one named Race Car?" She then proceeded to ask for a piece of steak with the bone in it like daddy had. My little princess continued to quiz her daddy about how the cow was butchered and wanted to see it with its back cut off, all the while munching down like it was the best meal she had ever eaten.

Then Baz got caught up in the excitement of eating daddy's cows. He told me that he was eating "cow food" . Like his sister, Baz really enjoyed his lunch.

At supper, I tried to get Tara Beth to eat a pulled pork sandwich with me, but she insisted on eating more of daddy's cow! Of course their daddy couldn't be prouder and I couldn't help but laugh when I thought about what the PETA people would say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment