Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OJ Simpson in Goodwill?!

Yesterday morning I was too lazy to get up and run before work, so I was punished by running in the 100 degree heat at 4PM! Today, I was a little wiser and energetically awoke at 5:20AM to run in the "cooler" humidity. As I run, I am always aware, watching and listening for anything unusual, scary or maybe even funny. This morning I encountered all three. The unusual thing I found on my return trip was a big, black glove laying on the side of the road. The scary thing is that is wasn't there on my run out. I just tell myself that it was there and I didn't see it b/c I can't really imagine a one-armed man hanging out in the woods on my road and throwing down a glove just to freak me out! The funny thing is the thought that crossed my mind - what is OJ Simpson's bloody glove doing in Goodwill!?! Who would've thought?!

Under normal conditions, I am a pretty rational person, but in the pre-dawn hours, the scariness and humor in things are greatly distorted! If you don't find this funny, maybe only a runner who also has a collection of roadside treasures can understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment