Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not in the grass!

Over the weekend, my daughter went shopping with her BE and bought a new pair of running shoes. She was so excited to have running shoes just like mommy. I reminded her that the new shoes were to help her run fast on the soccer field. Yesterday after nap time, I told Tara Beth that she could wear her new shoes to practice soccer. She was extremely excited until I mentioned going outside to kick the ball. Tara Beth became tearful and said "Mama, no, not outside in the grass!". She was terrified of getting dirt or grass stains on her new running shoes. After calming her down, I explained that we could wash the shoes in the washing machine just like Mommy washes her shoes when they are dirty.

Well, my little soccer team and I proceeded outside and I set up the goal made of a sturdy cardboard box. We each had our own ball to kick around for a while. Baz was interested in the game for about 2 minutes, until he decided to climb on his daddy's tractor. Tara Beth's interest lasted a little longer, until I told her that she could not use her hands. She then became frustrated and decided that riding a princess bike was more fun.

So much for our first soccer experience. Maybe things will improve after our first team practice on Tuesday! Yeah right!?!