Sunday, August 2, 2009

Talk about breaking my heart!

Last weekend before bedtime I tried to prepare the children for the upcoming changes in our schedule as I headed back to work after summer break. I told them that we would all be going to bed earlier b/c we had to get up so they could go to daycare and mommy could go to work. Surprisingly, Tara was only concerned about wearing her princess outfits to school, but Baz, on the other hand, brought me to tears. He said "Mama, you not work. Daddy work!". It is amazing how a 2 year-old's words can be so piercing. This is the first summer that I haven't looked forward to going back to work.

I know things will be easier in a couple of weeks after we get back into a routine, but I don't think I'll ever forget how I felt hearing those words from Baz as I looked into his big brown eyes!

2 comments:

  1. oh, kelly! he's so sweet, I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay- i have tears in my eyes now- i think it is harder the older jake gets- he's just such a little man now and has feelings and is able to tell you all about them.

    ReplyDelete