Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What in the world?

Yesterday evening I was relaxing before bedtime and read a couple of chapters in the book Women Who Run. The first couple of stories that I read were pretty inspirational, and then I was shocked/ horrified as I started to read another chapter. This chapter was about a "trans-gender" runner who was previously a male and changed to a female!

I could not believe that a book about women runners would have a chapter like this sandwiched in between stories about women who had used running to triumph in life! I only read the first paragraph before getting sick at my stomach and moving on to another chapter.

To change the subject, here is my funny toddler quote of the day. After counting to twenty with my 3 year-old, I asked her what was her favorite number and she replied "Well of course, it is my telephone number!"

1 comment:

  1. how funny...that's great that she makes the connection!

    ReplyDelete