Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally back to normal life!

Yes, I realize it has been over a month since I've blogged and e-mailed many of my friends. To those who wondered or cared what happened, it's called life with two toddlers and a husband! We've had a crazy last month with the children and I having a bout with strep throat, Bible school, preparing corn and purple hull peas for the freezer and all the normal mommy duties.

I broke down and bought a new pair of running shoes about 3 weeks ago, but just recently got to break them in. I gave up my trusty new balances and moved into the more elite world of Brooks running shoes based on the advice of the salesman (who is also an avid Brooks enthusiast) at Sports and Co. Today's run in the new shoes was so -so. I only got one blister, so I can't complain too much.

I started my morning with a 5:30AM run in the country. I verified what I thought to be true - that a country mile is surely at least twice as long as a mile in town. There was little to distract me from the mosquitoes, heat, humidity and fear of a strange dog attacking at any moment. I listened to my tunes and made sure my trusty dog Target was close by. The only traffic I encountered was a grain truck. I did manage to pick-up a stray dog along the way, so now we have a border collie which happens to be a great cow dog. I loaded my little boy on the 4-wheeler and returned the puppy to what I thougth was its home, but found out I was mistaken, so the little thing followed me home again. The kids are exited to have a new friend!

Here's a funny from my little angel. As most moms know it is important to keep a regular check on your child's poop, so I wasn't really surprised when Tara came to tell me that I needed to come to the bathroom to see her production. I was surprised when she exclaimed "it looks like a dragon!" Hurridly, I made my way to the bathroom b/c this I had to see. Sure enough, my little darling had discovered what many professional and novice researchers have been unable to - she found the Lochness Monster. I kid you not, Tara's poop looked exaclty like this allusive beast! Who would've thought something like this could happen in Goodwill? The imagination of childen never ceases to amaze me!

All for now. I've go a lot of online shopping to do while my internet is cooperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment