Thursday, May 28, 2009

4-Hour Marathon

I just started reading a new book about training to complete a marathon in 4 hours within a 4 month period. It started off okay, but the 2nd chapter knocked the breath out of me. The chapter shares the horrifying information that Oprah Winfrey completed her first marathon in 4 hours! That is 29 minutes faster than my first marathon time! Boy, do I feel extremely slow!

I guess this bit of information did fulfill its purpose of motivating me to finish reading the book and examine how I should train to improve my time drastically so I won't be embarrassed to say that Oprah runs faster than me!

I'm hoping for a good run this afternoon since a sudden rain storm kept me from hitting the pavement yesterday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly: I want to feature you as a runner on my blog (running diva mom), but am unable to loacte an email for you. Please visit my blog to email me, if you're interested. I look forward to hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete