Monday, October 19, 2009

Great Fall Weather!

Saturday morning, I was scheduled to do a 16 mile training run in preparation for the St. Jude Marathon. I was really nervous b/c the 14-miler a few weeks ago was horrible due to 100% humidity and 80 degree temperature. It took me about 2 days for my body to recover and my pride is still sore. I asked Lee's great aunt and my great aunt to pray for us doing our early morning gaunt.

I am proud to say that my trusty running buddy and I were able to complete not only a 16 mile run, but we added an additional 2 miles to finish a total of 18 miles! The colder fall weather made our 4:30AM run easy and breezy! As sick as it sounds, I felt revitalized and great all weekend. Thanks to God for answering all our prayers and extra strength Tylenol for relieving my ankle pain!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on going the additional distance on your training run! That always makes one feel accomplished for the day!! YOU DID IT!!

    ReplyDelete